DISPLAY SCREEN EQUIPMENT
The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992, as amended by the Health and Safety (Miscellaneous amendments) Regulations 2002 state that
- “Every employer shall perform a suitable and sufficient analysis of those workstations which have been provided”. (Regulation 2)
- “The employer shall reduce the risks identified to the lowest extent reasonably practicable”. (Regulation 2)
- “Every employer shall ensure that any workstation which may be used for the purposes of his undertaking meets the requirements laid down in the schedule. (Regulation 3)
The DSE regulations are for the protection of people who habitually use Display Screen Equipment.
The main risks are visual fatigue, stress and Musculoskeletal Disorders. They are not unique to DSE work or an inevitable consequence of it. The risk to individual users is low.
Good practice with Display Screen Equipment can reduce the risk of ill health.
DISPLAY SCREEN EQUIPMENT (DSE) ASSESSMENTS
A DSE Assessment is an analysis of workstations which have been provided by an employer.
A DSE Assessment covers all areas of a workstation including:
- Document holder
- Space requirements
- and software
Benefits to the company:
- Fewer days lost to sickness absence.
- Lower staff replacement and retraining costs.
- Reduced risk of litigation.
Benefits to the individual:
- Reducing the human cost of pain and suffering.
- Protection of earnings and ability to work.
- Reducing the cost to society.
HOW WE CAN HELP
David offers a service whereby he will carry out the DSE Assessments on your behalf and provide you with a full written report and recommendations for each employee. David has over 16 years experience in this area and has also worked closely with many companies nationally providing training which enables an in-house employee to carry out the assessments themselves. David is not affiliated to any Ergonomic Furniture/Equipment suppliers, so offers a totally impartial service.
If you would like more information regarding our DSE Assessment service, please do not hesitate to contact us.