David has many years of experience teaching the Principles of Manual Handling within many high profile corporations around the country.
WHAT IS MANUAL HANDLING?
Manual Handling operations defined:
Any transporting or supporting of a load including the lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving by hand or bodily force.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Over 14 million people visit their GP with back pain each year.
- 33% of the UK population are suffering with back pain at any one time.
- 80% of the UK population will suffer significant back pain at some time.
SO WHY THE NEED FOR MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING?
Manual Handling training is needed to comply with:
- Section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Regulations 10 and 13 of the Management Regulations.
- And as part of the steps to reduce risks required by Regulation 4 (1) (b) (ii) of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (third edition 2004).